"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Friday, June 8, 2012

Pop

This morning around 11:40, my sweet Pop went to be with Jesus. He passed away peacefully as family members sang to him and told him how much he meant to everyone.

I just did a search for "Pop" on my blog and came up with all these.  Some are posts that just have the word "pop," but many are about him or mention him or picture him.  Good memories.

He was a truly, wonderful person. I cannot ever remember seeing him depressed. He abounded in joy. And, man oh man, did he love Jesus.

June 6, 1949
I am incredibly happy for him right now.  He will be missed!

11 comments:

LK said...

May he be with God. Sorry to hear of your loss.

LK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Oh Susanne. I'm so sorry. *hugs*

Susanne said...

Thank you both! :)

*hugs back*

Candice said...

I'm sorry for your loss Susanne. He sounds like a wonderful man.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry. :(

It's great that you have those memories from earlier posts, though. Thank you for sharing with us and letting us see a glimpse of him.

Susanne said...

Thank you, Candice. He was! :)

Sanil, I'm so glad I had these posts written about Pop. I had fun reading through some of them the other night. I'd forgotten some of those details already and was glad to have them in writing. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Susanne, please accept my condolences for the loss of your dear Pop.

I know how it feels; I lost mine four years ago. I called him, "Pop", too, short for Papa.

May God reunite us both with our sweet fathers.

Wafa said...

I am so sorry to hear that Susanne,
I know how dear to your heart he was and to your whole family.

May he rest in peace
and as you said he is in a better and a happier place.

Susanne said...

Marahm, thank you for your kind words.

Wafa', been missing you! Thanks for dropping by.

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to read this... What a touching post though! Hope you are doing ok. Hugs.