Happy New Year to all who celebrate! ;)
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
helped sort food for the Allied Churches of Alamance County's food pantry on Black Friday and a few times since then
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, my gratitude journal got neglected more than written in in 2014 so ...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
my sister in law had a baby girl, Sophie
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Mema died on July 13. She was 91.
Mema died on July 13. She was 91.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
a trip to visit Samer
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
selling our old house a couple of days after putting it on the market
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Andrew's - he's most always a cheerful, helpful guy
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
the new house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2014?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
iii. Thinner of fatter?
v. richer or poorer?
vi. well, we bought a house so probably poorer in some ways, but if a house is a good investment then maybe richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
hiking in the mountains; visiting Samer since we didn't at all
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
All of us except my brother's family (they were in the mountains visiting his wife's family) and Lorraine (who was visiting her mom for a few days)* met at my sister's house around 4:30. Andrew and I had eaten lunch and exchanged a few gifts with Andrew's parents, brother, and his wife earlier in the day. It was wonderfully sunny for the first time in a few days so we ended up going to see the horse. My sister in law was taking pictures of herself and the horse - trying out her new phone.
Anyway, later in the day we went to Steph's house where we ate, watched The Andy Griffith Show (Opie the Bird-man), played one game of Apples to Apples (Will won) while Daniel watched "Frosty the Snowman" since he'd not seen it this Christmas season (yeah, really!) We decided to see the lights on Marye Drive. They were in time with some music on the radio. A really nice display which we enjoyed! Then we drove up to Walgreens since they were open. I guess we were bored and wanted to see what was happening. I bought some Combos which were 2 for $2. Then we went by Sheetz for free hot chocolate or coffee or whatever. Walgreens and Sheetz are both close to my sister's house.
Andrew and I got home around 9:15 or so, and I made our online reservations so we could leave for Southport in the morning. I had to pack then.
* We had our family meal/gift exchange the Saturday before Christmas since some folks would be out of town on the 25th.
I still hate this question
22. What was your favorite TV program?
NCIS or NCIS: LA
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
This is always a tough one for me because how can I pick the best out of dozens of books? Among my favorites were the memoir from the deaf man, and the lady who helped blind people around the world
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
a rug for the living room
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't think I watched a movie this year
28. What did you do on your birthday?
watched Zach some; went out with Michael and Andrew that evening
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
30. What kept you sane?
several short trips just to get away and enjoy nature; walking, walking, walking
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Peppa Pig (especially when Zach introduced himself as Peppa to someone at the park)
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
33. Who did you miss?
34. Who was the best new person you met?