"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Nope!

A friend shared this on Facebook two days ago.  I thought it was clever, and planned yesterday how I would post it here after a woman made history in becoming the President of the United States of America!  What a day!


Not this time




But, I hadn't counted on the pre-election headlines and polls that came across my Facebook news feed being so wrong.  I should have learned from Brexit and the Colombian vote a few months ago.

Someone shared this on Facebook a few days ago, too.  The language is terrible, but it helped me understand the rural vs. city divide a bit more.  Also, a friend in Scotland read it, and she saw parallels to the Brexit vote.  

I stayed up until just after one this morning.  Trump was poised to take Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and possibly Michigan, and with the recent time change making it feel more like 2 A.M. (and I am not a night owl at all), I was beat.  And stunned.

Oh, wow.


How are you feeling?

2 comments:

Chiara said...

Feeling stunned! This was not a total surprise to me, but still appalling!! The Trump "movement" has racist, misogynist, Islamophobic, and aggressive tones that have so many of us on edge!

jaraad said...

Some of my American friends were very upset by the result. Unfortunately, it is proven now that your Facebook world is not a good presentation of the real world. For whatever reason my American Facebook friends, Although not all Democrats/Liberals/Left, none had said anything positive about Trump. My Facebook world predicted that Hillary is going to win.

I think some or maybe many Americans who voted for Trump know he is not a good guy but voted for him anyway for whatever reason. Some Americans who voted for him didn't publicize it on social media because it will make them look bad. I think this is why no one (at least the media) predicted him to win.

Personally, I don't think American foreign policy changes with a new president because all American politicians know how to play the fear card. Whoever the president is there will always be an enemy out there after the Americans' freedom.