"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Thursday, February 18, 2021

DNA Update 2021 Edition

 I went to Ancestry for something entirely different, and found out they updated the DNA stuff so I will post this here for the record. This includes my parents (David and Sharon), two siblings (Daniel and Stephanie), my brother in law (Will), my husband (Andrew), and nephew (Michael).


Bold:  his/her highest

Italics: second highest


ENGLAND & NORTHWESTERN EUROPE
 
Andrew -- 55%
Daniel -- 44%
Sharon -- 43%
Stephanie -- 38%
Michael -- 31%
Susanne -- 28%
David -- 23%


SPAIN
 
Will -- 47%
Michael -- 33%
 
 

SCOTLAND
 
Sharon -- 35%
Susanne -- 32%
Daniel -- 28%
Stephanie -- 22%
Andrew -- 21%
David -- 5%
Will -- 3%
 


INDIGENOUS AMERICAS - COLOMBIA & VENEZUELA 

Will -- 29%
Michael -- 12%
 

SOUTHERN ITALY 

David -- 21%
Susanne -- 8%
Will -- 7%
Daniel -- 3%
Stephanie -- 3%
Michael -- 3%


IRELAND
 
Sharon -- 18%
Stephanie -- 15%
Andrew -- 14%
Susanne -- 14%
David -- 12%
Michael -- 9%
Daniel -- 7%
Will -- 1%


GREECE & ALBANIA
 
David -- 13%
Stephanie -- 9%
Daniel -- 8%
Michael -- 1%



GERMANIC EUROPE
 
David -- 12%
Stephanie -- 8%
Susanne -- 4%
Daniel -- 4%
Sharon -- 3%
 
 

 
PORTUGAL
Will -- 10%
 
 


Single Digits 



MIDDLE EAST
 
David -- 9%
Stephanie -- 1%

FRANCE 

Susanne -- 6%
Michael -- 5%
Stephanie -- 3%
Will -- 1%
 
 
NORTHERN ITALY
 
Susanne -- 6%
Daniel -- 4%
Michael -- 4%
David -- 2%
 
 

NORWAY
 
Andrew -- 5%

CYPRUS
 
David -- 3%
Stephanie -- 1%

 
WALES
 
Andrew -- 3%
Daniel -- 2%
 

THE BALKANS 

Susanne -- 2%
 

SWEDEN

Andrew -- 2%

EASTERN BANTU PEOPLES
 
Sharon -- 1%

MALI
 
Michael -- 1%

BASQUE 

Michael -- 1%
 
SENEGAL 
 
Will -- 1%
 
EUROPEAN JEWISH
 
Will -- 1%

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Very cool. I did 23andMe because Josie wanted me to get BRCA2 tested. Their test showed no BRCA2, so that was nice; although their BRCA2 test is not comprehensive. I got 75% Swiss/German, emphasis on the Swiss; 22% British Isles (ish), and was quite excited that I have some African heritage, which was a total surprise! I hoped for Native American, because that is family folklore (and my Dad looked very Native, honestly) but I had none. But the Swiss comes from my dad, so I got that from him.

Susanne said...

Nice to know your DNA makeup. Let me know if you ever do the Ancestry one. I'm curious if you'd get similar results - or how they (Ancestry) would break it down. I'm happy I was able to get my parents tested so I can figure out which DNA came from which parent. :)