"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Monday, November 27, 2023

Itchy Boots: Andorra, Croatia, India (Season 7 Break from Africa)

 

Three months ago, Itchy Boots informed viewers that she was leaving West Africa. If you are interested in her reasons, see the bottom of this post. She also left her motorcycle, Alaska.

In the meantime, she used some other motorcycles and visited a few places in order to improve her riding skills. 

In the episodes we watched on September 3 and 10th, she rode with Charly, Killian, and Roel in Spain and Andorra; they took us through some towns among the Pyrenees.

Later that month on the 17th and 24th, Noraly was in the Dinaric Rally in Croatia. Unfortunately her rally came to an end when she got off course among tall grasses, flipped in a ditch, and broke her hand.

In October, she started a mini-series called Return to India. She was testing a new pre-production Royal Enfield Himalayan motorcycle.  We watched October 11, 15, 18, 23, 26, and 29 as well as November 1, 5, 8, 13, 16, 19, 22, and 26 as she showed us many interesting sights in India! She loves India and has been there several times, but had never done a proper series there. She only did a fraction of this lovely country, high in the Himalayas near the borders of Pakistan and China; along a lake which is partly in China; she attended a wedding; rode quite a while in a military convoy; stayed in a houseboat; showed us the floating market; went to a temple where they worship rats (I really hated this place); visited the blue city; went to a temple where a motorcycle is a deity of sorts; I loved the tour guide Kuki and the people she met while with him; I enjoyed the people she met along the way and the animals she saw. It was really cool seeing elephants and camels and buffalo along the road.

In the final episode she rode back to Delhi to return the bike after giving a review. Her first season she had a Royal Enfield named Basanti so she compared the two.

She said after a short break, we should soon see videos from Africa again!

3 comments:

Niki said...

I'm currently watching season 6. I think I'm on episode 138. I'm really loving this season. I wish she had spent more time in America. I was hoping that she would go from Idaho to northern CA to OR and WA before going into Canada instead of going to Canada from Idaho. I really enjoyed her time in South America and Central America - especially Ecuador and Belize. There were a few pretty spots in Mexico and I loved the colorful buildings, but overall I didn't enjoy the parts of Mexico she went to. I thought Utah, Colorado, Montana, and Idaho were beautiful. Canada has been mostly dreary so far (too much rain, fog, clouds) - kind of depressing. I need sunshine! lol But there have been a couple pretty parts. The glacier she rode above and flew the drone over was cool.

Susanne said...

We are watching the first parts of Season 6 because I missed them initially. Just last night she was in Idaho getting ready to go into Canada. I actually saw this part "live" because I started watching her regularly when she was in Utah, I believe.

I enjoyed her travels through S. America and Central America. I liked Mexico, too, but some episodes more than others, of course. :)

I, too, wish she spent more time in the US. I know she planned to see other sights and probably take a different route through the US, but then she hurt her ankle and had to stay in Utah for a few days which put her behind. I know she always kept Alaska's short summer in her mind because she wanted to get up there before it got too snowy. What's ironic about that is how snowy Colorado and Idaho were as she had to turn around a few times due to snow blocking her way. Roger mentioned that they had had a late snowy season and it was colder than usual. I figured it out one time that that was probably in June as she posts her videos a few weeks later than they are filmed.

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you are watching. If I remember correctly Canada and going back and forth from there to Alaska does get a bit better. I'm with you about sunshine though! :P

Niki said...

Good old Roger! lol I love when she mentions him in episodes after the one he was in. Something about wishing he were there with his chainsaw. lol

Ecuador is gorgeous! There were a couple other countries I was also surprised by, but I can't remember which ones. The place where she was staying in Belize kind of reminded me of what Boiling Spring Lakes and Southport looked like in the '70s and '80s. It made me a little homesick.