"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Agape

It is 10 PM and I am tired, but I wanted to write something here quickly. My heart was blessed today by a gracious and forgiving friend. Unfortunately I have been angry and proud quite a lot the last several days. I have wanted things understood MY way and have been very defensive and unfair to my friend expressing his opinions and differing perspectives. Today my friend and I were talking and I mentioned how sorry I was and how he did not deserve an angry friend. (Indeed my friend is 11 years younger than I, but acts like the more mature adult by far! ) His kind response touched my heart and made me even more appreciative of his loving and forgiving nature. He wrote:

Honestly by your thoughts you are underestimating my love to you and my appreciation for our friendship

I am not used to people like that! Actually I am not used to being so honest with most people. I tend to avoid potentially-divisive topics and keep things "shallow" in order to avoid situations where my temper gets the best of me and I regret my reaction. I am very thankful for a friend who talks with me about these harder topics (politics & religion especially) and loves me even when I am arrogant and rude and shameful in my actions. I thank God for those who love unconditionally. Thank you, my dear friend. I'm proud to call you my "little Shami brother."

No comments: