"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am blessed



This is a picture I took July 4, 2007 at my aunt's house.

I had a relaxing stay-at-home day and got quite a few things done. My house still needs cleaning, but I feel as if I got many things accomplished otherwise.

It is smoky and hazy outside due to wildfires in the eastern part of the state. The smoke has traveled hundreds of miles and made it look white outdoors. I heard NC was in a code red for air quality. Makes you appreciate clean air!

Truthfully, I have been blessed greatly by God. There are so many things I take for granted as just being "normal" for all, but they are not. I don't know why God chose me to be born in a country where I can enjoy freedoms that He gave to mankind. I know I did nothing to deserve His favor, and it is only by His grace. Too often I complain, get discouraged and stop being thankful when I should always remember to have praise for God on my lips! Christians should be the most joyful people on earth because they have the hope of God in them! Why do we allow ourselves to walk around discouraged then? Why do we gripe and grow bitter? It's a nasty habit! I've heard if you do something consistently for 21 days, it will become a habit. I want an "attitude of gratitude." I want to meet each problem with a "what do you want to teach me from this, Lord" instead of a "why me, Lord." I am much too spoiled. I need good character.

Something else on my mind these days: how do I step out in faith? It's all well and good to talk about having faith, but the real test comes when you act on that faith and LIVE by faith every day. Do I trust God enough or am I still listening to fear? Fear always holds me back and keeps me small and weak. I want to know the joy of serving God by walking closely with Him by faith.

Enough spiritual reflections for now. Maybe I will read a book instead. Good night!


No comments: