The Muslim Kid tagged me in a note where I am supposed to share ten things about myself so here goes!
1) I have always enjoyed reading. Within the last couple of years the types of books I read has changed. Used to be predominately Christian fiction whereas now I have grown to really enjoy nonfiction books.
2) I am currently rereading the Bible and finding so much good stuff in the Old Testament that I missed before or else forgot. Perhaps it helps, too, that I am reading it in a more modern version so I can understand it better.
3) Sometimes I strongly relate to Jeremiah's nickname as "the weeping prophet." Not the prophet part, but the other.
4) High-speed internet service is one of the best gifts I ever received. I think this is probably the only utility where I feel I get my money's worth each month. I cannot say the same thing for my phones - landline and cell!
5) I am thankful that I still keep in touch with some of my high school classmates from time to time. My Girls' Night Out crew makes me laugh and I love those cheeseballs!
6) Earlier this year my husband and I broke out of our comfort zones and did something I never ever planned to do: we visited Syria! Met the most amazing people! Absolutely loved it...and miss it every day!
7) One of my dearest friends in the world lives in Damascus. I firmly believe God guided us together as friends. (How we met: my version; his version.)
8) I love my Arab friends, and am very happy when I hear from them by instant message or e-mail or on Facebook. I really want to talk to them face-to-face again one day!
9) More and more I learn that I am a work in progress and God can still use me in spite of the resources, talents and abilities that I lack.
10) I have been saved by grace through faith...not by my works. It's through Christ alone. Any good works are a result of my salvation and abiding in Christ (John 15), not a way to earn it.
I'm supposed to tag people now, but whoooo wants to do this? Angela? Amber? Carmen? Niki? Kip? Chris? If you want to do it, do it and let me know you are .... well, I read your blogs so I'll know if you do. :-)