So here's my list . . .
1. I enjoy Hershey's Special Dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips waaaay more than their milk chocolate counterparts. When my dad has one of those bags of Hershey's miniatures, I skip all the other stuff and head straight for the Special Dark. (Hmmm, I think I need some chocolate now...be right back.)
*licking the chocolate off my fingers* OK, I'm back!
2. I am amazed at how interested I've become in the Middle East since late 2007. I'd always had a general interest in that region basically because of its connection to the Bible, but now it's not just an interest based on religious things, but it's based on having actual friends living there!
3. I never thought some of my best friends in life would be people I met online. There is one group of about 12 ladies whom I met on Babycenter.com nearly seven years ago on a baby name poll. And we've kept in touch to this day. One of them teases me about looking like Little Orphan Annie.
4. I've always liked talking names with people. When I was a teen, I'd ask my friends what their favorite names were for their future children. (Btw, I don't think any of them used the names they liked in high school!) My liking of names is how I ended up on Babycenter.com and met the friends I mentioned above. I remember my brother teasing me about spending time writing name combinations. Kind of ironic that I never had children so I could use one or two of them, huh? Maybe it's a good thing though. Andrew tends to like boring names like "Bob" and, wellllllllllllll, I'm not so keen on Bob.
5. On the subject of names, my real name is Susanna, but I've always gone by Susanne. Kind of funny to say Susanne is short for Susanna, but syllable-wise it is - at least for those of us who speak English! My friend met a Susanne (same spelling) in Germany recently, but it's said more like "sue sah nay." According to most sites and books, Susanna is from a Hebrew word which means lily.
Behindthename.com reports this about my name. Maybe you can look up information on yours and post it ... if you are name nerdish like that. :)
Pronounced: soo-ZAN-ə (English) [key]
As an English name, it was occasionally used during the Middle Ages in honour of the Old Testament heroine. It did not become common until after the Protestant Reformation, at which time it was often spelled Susan.
6. Since getting married, I've come to enjoy having a football game on TV. Not that I always watch, but from time to time I'll catch parts of it and find it exciting. I don't really have a favorite team. I tend to like players though and Kurt Warner was one of my favorites. I say "was" because he recently announced that he is retiring from the NFL.
7. I like one or two snows per season and after that, I'm ready for spring! Snows do make for good pictures, don't you think?
I won't tag anyone, but if you read this and want to do it, please do. I'd love to know more about you!