1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
I don't mind most spiders, but the most scary insects are the really poisonous spiders like the black widow or brown recluse. I'm most afraid of them.
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
I hang my clothes outside to dry despite the fact I have a perfectly wonderful dryer.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
I don't really have recurring dreams that I remember, but my imagination, on the other hand, tends to haunt me with foreboding thoughts of some loved one dying and how sad I will be.
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
Well, our flight from Istanbul to Chicago took longer than expected so with customs and security checks, we would have definitely missed our flight home. However, a storm delayed the flight enough that we didn't miss it - yay! We certainly were not looking forward to staying overnight in Chicago after flying for so long on little sleep. So I guess no, I never missed a flight. It delayed for us! :)
5. What do you consider your best feature?
My friendly smile, of course!
6. What was the last concert you went to?
Hmmm, probably some Christmas concert at a school or church. I can't remember.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
Maybe the time a couple friends came and one of them accidentally sprayed a teensy bit of pepper spray that got in the ventilation system and made people start coughing in the front of the church. (We were in the very back. Small church though.)
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
Do you trust me?
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
As you can tell I'm answering this after the first of the month. I don't know that anything memorable happened that day or I'd remember it. :)
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
Strange question...Liberty is better though
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
Happy Labor Day!
On page 50 of No God but God
On page 256 of Walking the Bible (see yesterday's post for more details)
Haven't read any more in the bin Laden book. I think I'm about 1/13 of the way through it!