"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Finding Strength & Joy in Him

Recently I wrote about the power of praise. I have a lot on my mind today and need some of that power. Instead of trying to figure things out with a full mind and heavy heart, I need to start praising. So here I shall try. And I'll borrow words from I Chronicles 16.

27 Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and joy in his dwelling place.

28 Ascribe to the LORD, O families of nations,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength,

29 ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name.


31 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns!"

32 Let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them!

33 Then the trees of the forest will sing,
they will sing for joy before the LORD,
for he comes to judge the earth.

34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.


I really love this passage. It makes a wonderful mental image of a happy creation - the rejoicing heavens, jubilant fields, dancing cows (don't you see the part in verse 32 about "and everything in them"? Well, cows are often in fields, ya know.), singing trees. And then check out those stunning tulips pictured above! Even Solomon in all his splendor was not clothed like them!

I will think on the first verse, number 27. Especially this part: "strength and joy in his dwelling place." So does this mean if I dwell close to God that I will get that needed strength and the joy that will make this heavy heart and troubled mind peaceful again?

I'll give it a try. Please, Lord, help me. You know how I struggle in this area.


No comments: