5. The skies are near to bursting asunder above them (for awe of Him), and the angels sing the praises of their Lord, imploring forgiveness for the dwellers of the earth. Is it not that God is forgiving and merciful?
Does this part about angels "imploring forgiveness for the dwellers of the earth" mean they are interceding somehow? So Muhammad and the angels are intercessors in Islam?
8. If God had pleased He would have made them one community of belief; but He admits whom He please to His grace; yet the sinners have neither friend nor helper.
That's pretty clear that God predestined some to hell and others to heaven.
17. It is God who has sent down the Book with the truth, and the Balance. How do you know the Hour is not near? 18. Only they who do not believe in it wish to hasten it; but those who believe are in fear of it, for they know it to be true. Surely those who are in doubt about the Hour are wandering far astray.
Why do believers fear the Hour? Is the Balance, the scale to see who will be admitted into heaven? Is this why Muslims fear the Hour? Because they aren't sure if they were good enough?
30. Whatever misfortune befalls you is a consequence of your deeds; yet He forgives much.
How do you reconcile this with bad things happening to "good people"? How does this play out with the suffering we see in the world among many people groups including the Palestinians in Gaza and Iraqis and Afghanis who have suffered under both Westerners and their own people? Are they being punished for their misdeeds? What about Job? This doesn't seem to mesh with his story of being righteous before God.
40. The retribution of evil is the equal of evil (done); yet those who forgive and rehabilitate will be rewarded by God. Verily He does not like those who do wrong. 41. If one avenges himself after he has been wronged, there is no way of blaming him. 42. Blame lies on those who oppress, and terrorise the land unjustly. For them there is painful punishment. 43. But he who bears with patience and forgives, surely complies with divine resolve.
Justice. Reverted to Moses Style. I like that patience and forgiveness are noted as traits of he who "complies with divine resolve."
49. To God belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He creates whatsoever He wills, bestows daughters on whosoever He will, and gives sons to whom He choose. 50. On some He bestows both sons and daughters, and some He leaves issueless. He is all-knowing and all-powerful.
So why do some men think they need to more wives in order to have sons? If God is the issuer of sons and daughters and He chooses who gets what, why fight it?