"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Understand the joy of the journey"

True passion, godly passion, is lit by the sunshine of delight rather than the darkness of obsession. God wants us to enjoy the journey because He enjoys our enjoyment of it. . . . Pursue your passion, but don't forget to have fun! The kingdom of God is a celebration, not a sweatshop. . . .



Certainly there will be struggles at work, conflicts in relationships, financial crises, doubts about God, and all the rest. The passionate life neither blinds you to the real world nor numbs you to its pain. Rather, as the fire of passion ignites within you, you will find the power to triumph over temptations, persevere through problems, and optimize opportunities.

People of passion understand how it's possible to live the better part of a century and never quite reach your goal yet feel boundless joy and exhilaration. They understand the joy of the journey.

"Not that I already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on!" (Phil. 3:12)



All are quotes from Life Wide Open by David Jeremiah; pages 188-190

2 comments:

Achelois said...

I was having some doubts today, but this post is really so - hmm, how do I say it? soft and warm. I really like it. I can't explain what exactly I like or how I like it but I like it. It gave me something to chew on especially "The kingdom of God is a celebration, not a sweatshop. . . . "

Susanne said...

I often post things that touched me or challenged me somehow, and I'm always glad when they do the same for others. Thanks for the feedback. :)