Here are the rules:
- List five current obsessions.
- Pass the award on to five more fabulous blogs.
- On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.
- When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well.
- Don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. Reading blogs & books -- whereas I used to most always read Christian fiction books, the last two years I have read quite an assortment about Muslims, Islam, Christianity and so forth.
2. The Middle East -- It's always held some fascination to me since I grew up reading the Bible and trusting Jesus as my Lord and Savior, but it has become MUCH more of interest to me the last couple of years.
3. Damascus -- Syria that is. I was introduced to it in the context of the Apostle Paul's conversion as recorded in the Bible, but it has become a place that fills my heart and mind since God made this city extra-special to my life. I want to be there.
4. Foreigners -- I've always been infatuated with people who spoke differently, dressed differently, looked differently from what I am used to. I like accents and different cultures. I wish I had more foreigners where I live. My particular "foreigner love" presently belongs to Arabs, but I like others as well. Don't worry.
5. Figuring out God's purpose for me in life & where I can serve Him now -- I think this one speaks for itself, don't you? ;)
And here are the five blogs to whom I want to pass along this award. Since Sarah has already been chosen, I will select five others from my Google Reader. There are others I enjoy, but for now . . .
Little Steps Toward Home by Amber -- I discovered her blog earlier this year and have come to appreciate the variety of topics and Amber's great sense of humor. She is a recent convert to Catholicism, but posts a great deal about Orthodox Christianity as well. I find it all pretty interesting since I grew up in neither.
Emotions are Footprints in the Rain by Carmen -- A fairly new blog and not a lot there yet, but Carmen writes about her thoughts and books she reads in a way that challenges and/or encourages me.
Noctural Queen by Niki -- Since I tend to like reading about people's days and thoughts, I enjoy Niki's posts. Plus I know her personally so that helps.
The Batterson Blog by Mark -- I've read two of his books and found SO much good stuff in them. I was glad to find he has a blog. He writes short posts which often contain good things for me to ponder.
Musings of a Future Pastor's Wife by "Rachel" -- Not sure how I found her blog, but I enjoy reading "Rachel's" posts about her life in New Orleans. She is a great writer and covers a variety of subjects -- some lighthearted, some deep. I like the variety.