"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Monday, August 10, 2009

Six Months!

Today marks six months since our last day in Syria. It was the day we visited Samer's family at their house and met with Basheer, Ahmad "Jake," and a couple of Basheer's friends later that evening. We walked in the souq and bought a few goodies to take home. We made a few more memories in the hostel. And I cried. Boy, did I cry.


I miss this place. Just the atmosphere, the sights, sounds and smells. And the people. Out of this world. Lovely people.

Six months already. And in some ways it seems like a lifetime ago or like a dream. But I have pictures to prove I was there. Thank You, God, for the amazing opportunity that we had to visit Syria!

Miss y'all.


6 comments:

Stacy K. said...

I hope you get to go back someday! I would love to see Syria.

Carmen S. said...

I can hardly believe it's been that long! Seems like we were just waiting until you got back!

Karrie said...

So, I'm a year late with my comment.... but I have to say, the best part is that you addressed Syria at the end with "Y'all"...

Always the same awesome Susanne!

Susanne said...

Ha, ha! Thanks, Karrie! :-D

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at all your pics from Syria just now. It really takes me back. I always stayed within Damascus as our finances were limited. My husband was a refugee surviving without a job so I didn't want to push him in spending much. Plus my stay there was very risky because I was still active duty Army and shouldn't have been there in the first place. The lower profile I kept, the better. None of the authorities found out who I really was, though, since I just told them I was a student when I entered the country. They never concerned themselves with me since I was there to marry an Iraqi refugee which made me look rather harmless. Still, I'm like you and miss the sites, sounds and smells. It felt so old world!

Susanne said...

I'm glad you can relate to why I miss it! :)