"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thanksgiving in my heart!

Just wanted to praise the Lord. Six months ago today, He flat-out amazed me. I mean, His creation is beyond description and His grace and salvation cannot be touched. But He answered such a huge request that day - a Sunday in early September. I just wanted to remember that day here and say "Thank you, Father."

Here is part of a psalm I found just now. It mixes thankfulness with encouragement for these trying days. Many people in the world are losing their jobs, houses, savings and things look really bleak. I hope this passage will lift your spirits and that God will speak to your heart and give you hope.


Psalm 34

1 I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.

2 My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.

5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.

7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

9 Fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him lack nothing.

10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.




No comments: