"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another "Happy Birthday!"

Hard to believe, but twenty-two years ago today my baby brother was born. He went by David in school, but among family and many friends, he was dubbed "Berkie." He is the third ... David Berkley, III and my dad just called him "Berkie" and it stuck.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Happy Birthday" to my youngest sibling.


Megan, Michael & Berkie pose for a picture last October when the family gathered to celebrate my dad's birthday.


Today my family is getting together to celebrate the family February birthdays. Out of eleven of us -- dad, mom, four kids, their spouses and Michael -- we have FOUR February birthdays! The shortest month of the year and we have Stephanie, Will, Michael and Berkie all born this month. :-)

My prayer for my brother at this time in his life -- Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.



I thank God for how He is not willing that any should perish, and I trust Him that one day my dear brother will find true joy and peace in serving God.


No comments: