"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jesus is the answer

This was just something I read in a magazine a few days ago that I liked as it was a timely reminder for me as I've struggled with my thinking on the human condition and the brokenness of life and such things.


"Dramatic testimony or not, Christian home or 'rough background,' life is broken for everyone. But Jesus saves. Regardless of the circumstances, the backgrounds, the histories, the bad deeds and even the good ones, the Gospel is the answer."

I remember "gospel" being defined as "good news."  And a friend telling us the good new is Jesus.  Not religion. Not Christianity.  Not all the stuff people tell you that you have to do to please God and make it to heaven.

It's just Jesus.

Jesus is the answer.  He offers good news for my broken life.



Source: "From Death to Life: Redeemed by the Gospel" pg. 17

3 comments:

Suroor said...

I tried commenting on this yesterday - I enjoyed this post, Susie :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

:) I liked the post too. Thanks for sharing it and making me smile.

Susanne said...

thank you both! :)

Sanil, welcome back! I hope your Thanksgiving break was relaxing! :)