"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Stella

This morning my dad went out to feed his dog, Stella, and she was dead. She had been sick for a couple months now, and Mama and I recently discussed our wishes about Stella dying peacefully in her sleep - which it appears that she did.  I'm not a huge animal-loving person like some people are, but she was a sweet dog. Just recently I was talking to her and despite her ailment which made it harder for her to get around, she was wagging her little tail. 

I like to think of her now running freely without pain, getting those belly rubs and pets that she enjoyed (especially from Michael), basking in the sun on a favorite cushion, and eating all her favorite treats - chicken, and eggs, and even peanut butter toast.


Here are a couple pictures of Stella from September 2011.








And one from October of last year.







Here she is with Michael, who was one of her favorite people.


I saw her recently and told her that we loved her. 

1 comment:

Niki said...

Poor Stella. I'm sorry for your dad and others who loved her.