"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Scavenger Hunts

Although this is possibly true of Southern living ....







I am rather partial to beautiful flowering things so I'm glad I'm here where we can do Outdoor Scavenger Hunts and find leaves and flowers and grass in mid-March.  I say that because I posted this on Facebook,




and two of my friends in Massachusetts mentioned their lack of leaves* or grass. Too bad. Later that day I was social-distancing in Graham near the library and children's museum when I decided to enjoy the pretty day by doing the Outdoor Scavenger Hunt! It was fun!


* our trees weren't all that leafy just yet (it was March 18th when I did my hunt), but don't you have bushes with leaves in the Northeast? And you can see from my pictures, that I actually found leaves leftover from last year


Here are pictures I posted on Facebook.

Leaves that look different; I did more than 5 because I wanted to include all these little cuties!



something that is heavy




flowers - real and fake


something that smells good

something(s) that need the sun to live

something you like to play with; well, Sophie does;
it's the mouse outside the library


something brown; something smaller than my thumb; a stick bigger than my hand;
something to recycle; something that begins with M (mulch)




Back at my house:

a flat rock and one with spots


ten blades of grass (until a couple blew away) and something very light


For my Massachusetts and other friends who don't have flowers or leaves or grass at this time of year, I also posted this Indoor Scavenger Hunt.  I may do this one sometime.






And then .. THEN yesterday, I found all these which I wanted to save here!  I should get going on that last one because it's already April 1, and Spring will be over before we know it!  (Though, truthfully, I could do that one later in the year if need be.)











No comments: