"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chase the Lion -- chapter 7

Grab Opportunity by the Mane

"Lion chasers don't look for excuses. They don't focus on disadvantages. They find a way of making circumstances work in their favor. . . . Isn't it ironic that some people who have so much do so little and others who have so little do so much? Lion chasers don't let what they can't do keep them from doing what they can." (pg. 131)

This reminds me of a young Iranian lady I read about just the other day. She is 20 years old and boldly sharing her faith with her people even though this means persecution for her if she is caught. And here I am with so much and I rarely share the good news with people here.


"Think of every opportunity as a gift from God. What you do with that opportunity is your gift to God. . . . The great irony about opportunities [is] that they usually come disguised as insurmountable problems." (pg. 132)


"One of our spiritual shortcomings is low expectations. We don't expect much from God because we aren't asking for much. . . . Low expectations are the byproduct of prayerlessness, but prayer has a way of God-sizing our expectations." (pg. 133)

Yes, this is definitely a problem that I have at times. Oftentimes I will keep my expectations low in case God doesn't come through. That way I won't be very disappointed. Then if He does comes through, I will be overjoyed. But what a way to live expecting little of God. Hmmm. I am trying to change this now and pray more boldly and with great faith that anything we ask in His name, He WILL do it!


"Living in prayer mode is the difference between seeing coincidences and providences. Prayer has a way of helping us recognize that what we might dismiss as human accidents are really divine appointments." (pg. 136)

Ohhhh, I want to live in prayer mode rather than survival mode. The author says the latter is just reacting to things that happen. I'd rather live expecting God to work and desiring to be part of His work on this earth.



1 comment:

Angela said...

"Living in prayer mode is the difference between seeing coincidences and providences. Prayer has a way of helping us recognize that what we might dismiss as human accidents are really divine appointments." (pg. 136)
amen amen amen