"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Thursday, November 27, 2008

November Stuff

I've been staying pretty busy this month. I went to SC to visit my grandparents a couple weekends ago. I had not been all year so it was great seeing Mema and Pop again. The pictures in my "Happy Thanksgiving!" post are from our trip to Falls Park when we were in Greenville. I enjoy walking down there.

Today we ate Thanksgiving lunch at my sister's house. Even Berkie and Megan came down from the mountains to join us. It was great! A very nice surprise seeing them and their puppy, Stella. We had a great time eating, talking, laughing, looking at Black Friday ads, watching Michael sword fight to "Carol of the Bells" (instrumentals only, please) and so forth. The weather was pleasant so after lunch a few of them rode bikes and we sat outside to enjoy the fresh air. The food was plentiful and good. Steph's corn casserole was probably my favorite. Andrew smoked the turkey yesterday. Other things we had included mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed vegetables, green beans, corn bread (Mexican), stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls, biscuits, sweet potato casserole, pecan pie, brownies, cheese cake, pumpkin chocolate chip bread and cookies. Yes, lots of food!

I have to get busy with Christmas preparations soon. I have not put up my decorations or done any shopping. :-/ I don't know yet if I will write cards. I need to get those out of the attic.

I've been reading in some travel books lately that I found at the library. I have gotten some pretty good tips for traveling. I need to order a travel guide that I cannot find in local bookstores. Also I've been reading a couple other books this month. I am nearly finished one of them, but the other will take a while longer. It's about the books of the Bible. Really cool book with colorful pictures, glossy pages and interesting points and summaries of each book. I found it at the local Christian bookstore. Today I read about Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and the Songs of Solomon. I'll update when I am finished that book and the one I got from the library. I won't do a review of the travel books since I am not reading everything in those. Some sections (e.g. cruises) I am skipping altogether.

God has been so good to me. I am blessed and just want to close this post thanking Him for how He is strong and faithful and encouraging to me. Truly He spoils me, I think. :-)







Yep! I look spoiled for sure!
Susanne and Michael
October 25, 2008

No comments: