"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Starting July with a bang! Oh, the excitement!

Dear sweet Amber tagged me the other day so I shall start the month of July with this "8 things" thing.

By the way, happy July, y'all!!!

8 things I'm looking forward to:

1. Going to Teresa's on Friday -- we are celebrating America's birthday one day early
2. God working mightily in some people's lives
3. My next Girls' Night Out
4. Going back to Damascus to see old friends & meeting Louai one day
5. Restored relationships
6. Seeing where the "Wild Goose" takes me
7. Visiting with Michael again & the rest of my family, too
8. Seeing Jesus & being with loved ones & meeting new loved ones in heaven

8 things I wish I could do:

1. Something worthwhile!
2. Relax and enjoy God while waiting & be satisfied
3. Change people's hearts (including mine)
4. Restore marriages and other broken family relationships
5. Lose a bunch of weight
6. Eat only healthy foods & love living that way (no sugar, no pizza, no junk food)
7. Live elsewhere for a while
8. Go back to Damascus and see all my wonderful friends again

8 things I love:

1. Jesus
2. My family
3. Meeting and talking to foreigners
4. Damascus/"my" Arabs
5. Flowers, trees, grassy hills, mountains, the beach
6. A sweet, cool watermelon on a hot summer day
7. High-speed internet service
8. Reading

8 things I did yesterday:

1. Went to the post office to buy stamps and mail a letter
2. Uploaded Michael's baptism pictures to Facebook
3. Cut up a cantaloupe
4. Talked to Samer on Messenger
5. Read and responded to a few blogs
6. Looked at all of Carmen's wonderful pictures from her two weeks in Florida
7. Walked the neighborhood ... morning and evening
8. Sat on the porch and read in my world religions book

8 Shows I watch:

1. The Andy Griffith Show (reruns obviously)
2. FOX8 10:00 news sometimes
3. The Amazing Race
4. Survivor
5. I used to watch The Apprentice until they went to two-hour episodes last season
6. I can't think of anything else that I watch right now
7.
8.

If you read this, and you haven't been tagged or done this before and are interested (how is that for adding conditions?), consider yourself tagged! :)




No comments: