"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Bless her heart" & Taking Risks

Two brief quotes from A Thread of Truth by Marie Bostwick. These resonated with me as I read them. Yeah, enough that I took the time to quote them here.

Texas lady, Mary Dell, speaking of someone...

"Well, in that case, I take back everything I said about the snooty, old . . . " Mary Dell stopped mid-sentence when she saw the look on my face. "Sorry! I meant to say, I take back everything I said about dear, darling Abigail. Bless her heart," Mary Dell said, employing that old phrase that women of the South use when they want to say something catty about someone else ... politely." (pg. 27)

Hehehehe.....love "bless her heart." :-D


Evelyn speaking of taking a huge risk in opening a new business after going through a painful divorce and uprooting from her hometown to an area hundreds of miles away.

"Did you ever know, just know, that you were supposed to do something, even though, on the face of it, that thing you wanted to do made no sense to anyone else? That's the way it was with me with ..." (pg. 19)

OK, it says, "with the quilt shop," but I stopped it there so I could fill in the blank - or YOU could. What risks do you need to take? Which ones have you taken that could possibly fit into this sentence by Evelyn?

2 comments:

Wafa said...

what risks would i take ?? i guess it had to do with abandon some members of my family, i mean cutting roots with them. i am willing to take that risk even if it means getting only no fighting and daily quarel around me. i did it previosuly and things are way better.

Susanne said...

Wow, now there's a risk! Impressive. But I can see how some family members only drain you and cutting ties might be the best option. Thanks for your reply. I love your honesty! :)