"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Friday, January 8, 2010

Short Quotes & Eds

"Jesus does not give recipes that show the way to God as other teachers of religion do. He is Himself the way." - Karl Barth -- posted by a Facebook friend

Sam's Club bulletin board -- 12-17-09

"It's not what you gather in life, but what you scatter in life that tells what kind of life you've lived and the kind of person you are." -- Helen Robson Walton

"Attitudes are contagious -- is yours worth catching?"

"Winners are people who do jobs uncommonly well even when they do not feel like doing them at all."


January 8, 2010

Asked: by Andrew, "have you done any more of those 'ed' things?"
Decided: to brave the cold temperatures to run my errands this morning
Shopped: at Wal-mart, Walgreens and Food Lion
Stocked: up on vitamins since Walgreens had them buy-one-get-one free
Griped: to a friend about wireless welfare after seeing a story on the news last night
Reminded:
by said friend how blessed I am in my country if all I had to gripe about was people who pay phone bills having to subsidize cell phones for welfare recipients (sorry! I still don't think cell phones are one of life's necessities! I survived years and years without one.)
Called: a "predator" because I eat meat on occasion; is predator the opposite of vegetarian?
Preyed: on pepperoni pizza
Thrilled: to be visited by Michael who is spending the night
Watched: "Night at the Museum 2"
Tickled: on my feet by Michael
Stayed: up too late -- good night, all

3 comments:

Stacy K. said...

I like the Karl Barth quote a lot!

Wafa said...

"It's not what you gather in life, but what you scatter in life that tells what kind of life you've lived and the kind of person you are " . amazing, thanx susanne for introducing me to this beautiful quote and if you don't mind, i would love to add it to quotes i like :)

Susanne said...

Stacy, me too. :)

Wafa', yes, by all means do. :)