"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Embrace Aging

Despite your age, laugh as children do!

"'I embrace aging. It's very simple. As you grow, you learn more.



If you stayed twenty-two, you'd always be as ignorant as you were at twenty-two...



The truth is, part of me is every age. I'm a three-year-old, I'm a five-year-old, I'm a thirty-seven year old, I'm a fifty-year-old.





I've been through all of them, and I know what it's like.










I delight in being a child when it's appropriate to be a child.


 
Hey, I know those two!







I delight in being a wise old man when it's appropriate to be a wise old man.  Think of all I can be!  I am every age, up to my own.'"











"Ultimately, your destiny is determined by your decisions. It's your actions, and reactions, that define you.  So don't play the victim. Be the victor.  After all, that is who you are in Christ.  You are not defined by what you have done wrong. You are redefined by what Christ has done right, His righteousness. And that is both your destiny and his legacy."






quote 1  from Tuesdays with Morrie as told on pg. 45 of Soul Print; and although the quote is by a man, I chose to portray women

quote 2 from pg. 154 of Soul Print by Mark Batterson

No comments: