"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Damascus -- Some Sights Around the City

We walked around parts of Damascus quite a bit. Most every place had something of interest to be found.



I liked the front of this hotel


and the detail of this place


I found all the decorative touches quite lovely in Syria



Thus all my ceiling pictures! Including this one.


Here is a closer picture of the arch.
I love the designs.



I understand that this was a former prison


Kind of a neat sight to pass as you were happening by


Yet another detailed ceiling ... this one is from


the transportation museum's lobby


and so are these


Pictures from Damascus, Syria
February 2009

2 comments:

Joni said...

What is amazing to me is the beauty and detail of so many of the old buildings and mosques and such, but then on the other hand, there seem seems to be so much outside that is broken or unfinished etc, if you know what I mean?

Susanne said...

Yeah, I do know what you mean. I wonder if some of the "broken or unfinished" things are old walls and historical structures. Like that old prison - I think - is from way back and the gov't seeks to restore it to use in some sort of museum-ish way. Don't quote me on that though. :)

Maybe when you and I visit Damascus together one of these years, we can find out what the gov't did with that old prison. ;-)