"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Monday, April 13, 2009

Odds & Ends

This afternoon I decided to run some errands. I had to drop off 3 books at the library, pay a bill for work, mail our tax returns and estimated taxes at the post office and buy a chocolate Easter bunny for Michael. I went by Wal-greens and took care of that last thing. I wanted to drop the bunny by Michael's house. I thought it would be a 5 minute thing, but he ended up showing me his King Arthur Lego set and other toys -- Transformers, a spy set, a magic trick (he told me how it worked after he "tricked" me) and so forth. I ended up staying an hour looking at his stuff! But it was enjoyable.

Today is my grandfather's 83rd birthday, but he died in May 1997 of a heart attack. Still I think of Granddaddy every April 13th.

In other news, I am glad the captain of the cargo ship was rescued from the Somali pirates although the pirates vow revenge since the US Navy took out three of their comrades when they rescued the captain. Oh well for the pirates. They are thieves and kidnappers. What do they expect? To be treated like princes?

I read an article earlier today where the Brazilian President blamed "white people with blue eyes" for the global economic crises.

Brazil’s President Luiz InĂ¡cio Lula da Silva on Thursday blamed the global economic crisis on “white people with blue eyes” and said it was wrong that black and indigenous people should pay for white people’s mistakes.

Ugh. Most days here lately I feel the world is becoming more divisive. I am thinking of my position on globalization. I know it's here, but I don't know that I'm a fan. I like meeting foreigners and being friends with them and learning about their cultures, but it seems to have problem areas as well. Unfortunately even among friends, we simply don't always see things the same way because we come from two totally different backgrounds. I wonder even if God is for this coming together globally. Afterall, He divided up the people after the Tower of Babel incident. He wanted people to spread out in the earth and when they instead came together, He confused their languages and, therefore, separated them. It's interesting how the world is coming together now .. in its own divisive way, I should say. Afterall, it's white folks like me who are to blame for everything wrong in this world!

In funnier news along the same lines, I was reading someone's blog recently and laughed when a man made this comment about western women:


"In other words, westernized women have more societal harm than those of the non-westernized ones, and so if you are an unlucky one to be married to such a woman - i.e. one spiritually spoiled by the ways of feminism and capitalism - such is not to be employed."

I joked for him to tell us what he really thinks about western women, so he did. I saw this earlier today:

I think "westernised" women are a plague to society as a whole. They are stuck in their disneyland syndrome, spoiled by the mundane, and have no sense of "submission/Islam". After all, the "liberation" ideals of "feminism" have taught young females to question divine authority - which in fact leads to the destruction of the spiritual self - the rebellion against Providence and the contempt for Providence's sunnah! That is what I really think about westernised women! They are a calamity upon humanity!

It takes a man of incredible wisdom, impeccable adab, and perservearance to deal with females who do not know how to be women, who do not know how to submit to their Lord!




Ah! So globalization might not be such a great thing. I believe Mr. Abul Layth agrees that East should never mingle with West. Three cheers for isolationism! :-)





No comments: