"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Friday, April 24, 2009

Life Stuff

Wow! Just noticed since Saturday that I've posted 13 times about our trip to Damascus. I've been on a roll! Well, since we have been home for over ten weeks now, I have as my goal to get most or all of my Damascus posts written by the end of May. If I don't, it's not a big deal. Yesterday I put up 4 just on the Umayyad Mosque. I am finished with it, but still have many more photos from Maaloua and Saydnaya that I could share. And also from Krac des Chevaliers. Soooo maybe it'll take into June to get 'em all up here. We'll see.

It's sad to see the wildfires in Myrtle Beach, SC. We usually go there each year so it's not like seeing TV footage of something in California where wildfires are fairly common. I haven't heard yet how the fires began. I've only seen pictures and not read anything about it.

When we were visiting Mema and Pop a few weeks ago, Mema shared a name story that she remembered from my mom's childhood. Mama is the oldest of 4 and the only girl. When her youngest sibling was due to be born, my mom told Mema, "If it's a girl, I want you to name her Debbie. If it's another boy, I don't really care what you name it." Well, let's just say there are no Debbies in our family, and Mama said, "Hmm, I don't even like that name much any more." It's funny how our tastes in names change over the years. I recall some of the names I liked in the past and think now they aren't so hot. :-)

I've been reading a library book written by Chuck Norris. It was in the new-books section so I decided to see what he had to say about America. Some good stuff in there and pretty simply written. I don't agree with all of his ideas, but some of them seem doable and sensible. I especially liked his thoughts on the immigration issue and how illegal immigrants could become citizens. Also the chapter on being fit was good. He and his wife have 7 year old twins, Danilee and Dakota.

Earlier this month I posted things I needed to do. Mailed the tax returns and estimated tax payments on time and got my license renewed last week. Waiting and testing only took 30 minutes at the DMV. I still haven't gotten my car inspected though. I only have 6 days left. Speaking of my car, it really needs a bath. It's practically yellow from all the pollen.

I need to buy a bulb for our refrigerator. The light went out yesterday. Reckon Wal-mart sells those? I don't have any that size on hand.

I have more stuff, but I'll share it a bit later.

No comments: