"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Damascus -- Ice cream

While in Damascus we went to this famous ice cream place, Bakdash, twice. (See short video of it.) On our first visit, I tried the ice cream...and it was good. Everyone knows I looooove ice cream. However, it was dipped in pistachios .. not so good ... for my allergies. Ah, well, nothing a little antihistamine can't help, thankfully.



Ice cream ... yum!


Samer and Basheer joined us.


The worker is dipping out the ice cream . . .


dipping it in pistachios and then placing it in bowls


The second time we went, Andrew tried the chocolate.

Pictures from Damascus, Syria
January/February 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did they put nuts on all the ice cream? Also, was it cold in there? Because you are wearing your hat, coat AND gloves...
-- from Joni

Susanne said...

Joni, I don't think I saw any ice cream without nuts. Samer said I could have ordered it specifically without, but I thought I'd try it. It tasted fine, but within 5 minutes of eating the cone, my mouth started hurting. By the time we got to the hostel, I could tell I'd had an allergic reaction to *something* I'd just eaten!

I remember that day being breezy and cool though not bone-chilling cold like winter can be. Once the hat went on, I didn't take it off until I could kind of "fix" (ahem) my hair. I just kept on the coat since everyone else did. And the gloves? *shrug* One less thing to forget when I left...ha!

Thanks for the comment. :-)