"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pleasing Aroma

Around seven this morning I was walking in my neighborhood and breathed deeply of the glorious smell of honeysuckles growing in a wooded area. Reminded me of the passages I've read recently in the Pentateuch.



God desired parts of the sacrifices for Himself and the Bible clearly declared many times about what a pleasing aroma it was to the Lord.

Smelling those honeysuckles served as a spiritual reminder for me. Lord, make me into a sacrifice that is sweet-smelling to You. I certainly don't want to be an offending smell to You. Not much worse than the smell of dead animals or the stench of rottening trash invading your nostrils.

From II Corinthians 2:
14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? 17Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.

2 comments:

J. A. Busfield said...

nice analogy- I am going to meditate on this!

Angela said...

Lord, make me into a sacrifice that is sweet-smelling to You. amen amen amen. I have prayed this myself.