"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Damascus -- Views from the Convent of St. Serge

In the previous post, you saw a bit from outside and within the courtyard of the Convent of St. Serge.


After a while we went to the balcony area to see the sights around us


such as these views

though we saw many crosses throughout our journey through Saydnaya and Maaloula, we did see the occasional minaret


afterall we were in a Muslim country

Pictures from Maaloula, Syria
February 5, 2009

2 comments:

elizabeth taylor said...

Susanne,
loved the pics of Syria - absolutely gorgeous and I have heard the people are very loving just as you have said.

That young one of you is cute too!!
Did I notice it first?
Do I get a prize? :-)

Susanne said...

Ha, ha! Yes, you win! Gotta think of a prize though. :)

Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for looking. I hope you will be able to visit one day. It was amazing to think I was in the place St. Paul was headed when Jesus appeared to him. It was neat imagining all the generations of people who had lived there century after century. I guess I just like historical stuff! It's weird because I NEVER wanted to visit the Middle East, not even Israel. Syria, for sure, was never on my list of places to travel. But, hey, God changes our desires...what can I say? I love Syria! :-)

Thanks for your comment. I'll reply to the others tomorrow. I think I'm going to head to bed soon. Have a great weekend!