"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Damascus -- Street Eatin' & Café Chatting

A month ago I discussed fast food in Damascus. Instead of places like Burger King, Taco Bell or Arby's, think of fast food as buying cheese pies, chicken schwarma or falafel sandwiches. Quite often we would be walking in neighborhoods and stop to eat a bite. Samer always made sure we went to places that had good food.


I can't tell what we were eating here, but I bet it was good!


Same here.


I do remember this was the first - and, sadly, only - time we had falafel. We called them "Syrian hushpuppies" because they were deep-fried and reminded us of, well, hush puppies. We had them on a sandwich from this place in the downtown area.



Besides restaurants and street eating, we went to cafés quite often as I discussed recently. Here I am with Samer and Basheer.


The night we met Mohammad Hazzaa we went to this place.


He is the one who took us up the mountain and met us for supper at Anas Restaurant.


Pictures from Damascus, Syria
January/February 2009

No comments: