"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Journey Is Important,Too

More from Wild Goose Chase ... good thing this book only has 8 chapters. I have written so much about it already! But there is so much gooooood stuff that I want to remember!


"Getting where God wants me to go isn't nearly as important as becoming who God wants me to be in the process. And God seems to be far less concerned with where I'm going than with who I'm becoming. I think some of us want to know the will of God more than we want to know God. And it short-circuits spiritual growth. You can't do the will of God if you don't have the heart of God." (pg. 137)

"In the words of George Bernard Shaw, 'People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can't find them, make them.' But it goes beyond that. You not only need to make the most of your circumstances; you also have to realize that God is in them. And He is capable of working them together for your good. It doesn't matter how long the delay or detour, He can make them work together for good." (pg. 141-142)

"'The unpredictable twists and turns of life can drive you crazy. Or you can learn to enjoy the journey.' Where are you right now -- insane or having an insane amount of fun?" (pg. 142)

This was interesting because I know quite often I feel as if I am just marking time waiting for God to reveal what I'm supposed to DO. Reading this reminded me that the process is also important. Perhaps even more than "the final destination." While waiting on God, I am drawing closer to Him and getting to better know Him and His heart.

No comments: